Reevaluating NAFTA theory and practice
Hussain, A. Imtiaz, 1953-
Reevaluating NAFTA [electronic resource] : theory and practice / Imtiaz Hussain.
New York : Palgrave Macmillan, c2012.
1 online resource (221 p.) : ill.
[Bloomington] http://site.ebrary.com/lib/iub/docDetail.action?docID=10644273 (Available on campus and off-campus with authorized logon)
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- NAFTA's 15 Year Itch
- North American Economic Integration in Theoretical Context: Neofunctionalism or nonfunctional?
- Investment: Sticky Fingers?
- NAFTA's Dispute-Settlement Mechanism: Designs, 15-Year Performances, Comparisons
- NAFTA and Intellectual Property Rights
- Increasing NAFTA Trade Trends: Incidental or Institutional?
- Pooling Empirical Observations: NAFTA an Integrative Mirage?
- Players Under the Microscope
- Conclusions and Implications.
"Reevaluating NAFTA" seeks to answer the question: has NAFTA integrated North America? A fifteen-year NAFTA appraisal finds trade expansion boosting optimism, but also unveils stark asymmetry between developed and developing countries as well as top-heavy NAFTA regulations seriously constraining ground-level integration. Using empirical data analysis and a wide-reaching theoretical context, this book seeks to evaluate the results of NAFTA's 'fifteen-year itch' to identify what worked and what didn't, and ultimately, to point to the future of North American integration.
- Subject headings
United States. North American Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act.
North American Free Trade Agreement (1992 December 17)
North American Free Trade Agreement (1992 December 17)--Political aspects.
North American Free Trade Agreement (1992 December 17)--Social aspects.
Free trade--North America.
North America--Commercial policy.
North America--Commercial treaties.
9781137297174 (electronic bk.)
1137297174 (electronic bk.)
- Blmgtn - Herman B Wells Library
- World Wide Web