Soldiers, rebels, and drifters : gay representation in Israeli cinema
Cohen, Nir, 1976-
Soldiers, rebels, and drifters : gay representation in Israeli cinema / Nir Cohen.
Detroit : Wayne State University Press, c2012.
x, 254 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: Zionism, homosexuality, and film
- An imagined city for an imagined community: Tel Aviv and gay identity on the Israeli screen
- Melodrama, decadence, and death in Amos Guttman's cinema
- Gay men and the establishment in the films of Eytan Fox
- Real lives: new Israeli nonfiction gay cinema
- Recent developments and future directions: some concluding notes.
- Subject headings
Homosexuality in motion pictures.
Gays in motion pictures.
9780814334782 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0814334784 (pbk. : alk. paper)