The law of adaptation to climate change : U.S. and international aspects
The law of adaptation to climate change : U.S. and international aspects / Michael B. Gerrard and Katrina Fischer Kuh, editors.
Chicago : American Bar Association, c2012.
xlii, 888 p. ; 26 cm.
- Other contributors
Gerrard, Michael, 1951-
Kuh, Katrina F. (Katrina Fischer)
Fischman, Robert, 1962-
Rountree, Jillian R.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Chapter 2, Adaptive Management, by Maurer School of Law Professor Robert L. Fischman and Maurer School of Law student Jillian R. Rountree.
- Introduction and overview
- Adaptive management
- Managing water supplies
- Managing demand for water
- Energy system impacts
- Protecting the coast
- Coastal retreat measures
- Species and ecosystem impacts
- Agriculture and forestry
- Governance of public lands, public agencies, and natural resources
- Domestic disaster preparedness and response
- Impact review, disclosure, and planning
- State and local adaptation
- The international legal framework for adaptation
- Financing of adaptation measures
- Global health and disaster preparedness
- Population displacement, relocation and migration
- Maritime jurisdiction in a changing climate
- International water law and adaptation
- Food security, fisheries, and ecosystems
- Legal rights and remedies
- Human security and military preparedness.
- Subject headings
Climatic changes--Law and legislation--United States.
Climatic changes--Law and legislation.
Environmental impact analysis--Law and legislation--United States.
Environmental impact analysis--Law and legislation.
9781614386964 (print : alk. paper)
161438696X (print : alk. paper)
- Blmgtn - Law Library
- Call Number
- K3585.5 .L39 2012
- Law Library (Blgtn) - General Collections
- 3rd Floor