Fandom : identities and communities in a mediated world
Fandom : identities and communities in a mediated world / edited by Jonathan Gray, Cornel Sandvoss, and C. Lee Harrington.
New York, NY : New York University Press, 
vii, 437 pages ; 24 cm
- Other contributors
Gray, Jonathan (Jonathan Alan), editor.
Sandvoss, Cornel, editor.
Harrington, C. Lee, 1964- editor.
Revised edition of Fandom, c2007.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction : why still study fans? / Cornel Sandvoss, Jonathan Gray, and C. Lee Harrington
- Part I. Fan texts and objects. The death of the reader? : literary theory and the study of texts in popular culture / Cornel Sandvoss
- Intimate intertextuality and performative fragments in media fanfiction / Kristina Busse
- Media academics as media audiences : aesthetic judgments in media and cultural studies / Matt Hills
- Copyright law, fan practices, and the rights of the author (2017) / Rebecca Tushnet
- Toy fandom, adulthood, and the ludic age : creative material culture as play / Katriina Heljakka
- Part II. Spaces of fandom. Loving music : listeners, entertainments, and the origins of music fandom in nineteenth-century America / Daniel Cavicchi
- Resisting technology in music fandom : nostalgia, authenticity, and Kate Bush's "Before the dawn" / Lucy Bennett
- I scream therefore I fan? : music audiences and affective citizenship / Mark Duffett
- A sort of homecoming : fan viewing and symbolic pilgrimage / Will Brooker
- Reimagining the imagined community : online media fandoms in the age of global convergence / Lori Hitchcock Morimoto and Bertha Chin
- Part III. Temporalities of fandom. Do all "good things" come to an end? : revisiting Martha Stewart fans after ImClone / Melissa A. Click
- The lives of fandoms / Denise D. Bielby and C. Lee Harrington
- "What are you collecting now?" : Seth, comics, and meaning management / Henry Jenkins
- Sex, utopia, and the queer temporalities of fannish love / Alexis Lothian
- Part IV. The fan citizen : fan politics and activism. The news : you gotta love it / Jonathan Gray
- Memory, archive, and history in political fan fiction / Abigail De Kosnik
- Between rowdies and rasikas : rethinking fan activity in Indian film culture / Aswin Punathambekar
- Black twitter and the politics of viewing Scandal / Dayna Chatman
- Deploying oppositional fandoms : activists' use of sports fandom in the Redskins controversy / Lori Kido Lopez and Jason Kido Lopez
- Part V. Fan labor and fan-producer interactions. Ethics of fansubbing in Anime's hybrid public culture / Mizuko Ito
- Live from hall H : fan/producer symbiosis at San Diego comic-con / Anne Gilbert
- Fantagonism : factions, institutions, and constitutive hegemonies of fandom
- Derek Johnson
- The powers that squee : Orlando Jones and intersectional fan studies / Suzanne Scott
- Measuring fandom : social TV analytics and the integration of fandom into television audience measurement / Philip M. Napoli and Allie Kosterich.
- Subject headings
Popular culture--Psychological aspects.
Popular culture Psychological aspects.
9781479881130 (hardback ; alkaline paper)
1479881139 (hardback ; alkaline paper)
9781479812769 (paperback ; alkaline paper)
1479812765 (paperback ; alkaline paper)