Make just one change : teach students to ask their own questions
Make just one change : teach students to ask their own questions / Dan Rothstein, Luz Santana.
Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard Education Press, c2011.
xi, 176 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Other contributors
Includes bibliographical references (p. 157-160) and index.
- "Why didn't I learn this in school?"
- The question forumulation technique : teaching multiple thinking abilities in one process
- Choose the question focus : the starting point for student questions
- Introduce the rules for producing questions : an exercise in metacognition
- Students produce the questions : divergent thinking unleashed
- Students improve the questions : closed- and open-ended questions
- Students prioritize the questions : analysis and convergence
- Next steps : "What do we do with all these questions?"
- Students reflect on their learning : cognition, affect, and behavior
- A memo to my fellow teachers : what I've learned from using the QFT
- Students and classrooms transformed : a community of self-directed learners
- Questions and education, questions and democracy.
- Subject headings
Critical thinking--Study and teaching.
9781612501000 (library ed.)
1612501001 (library ed.)