Human caring science : a theory of nursing
Watson, Jean, 1940-
Human caring science : a theory of nursing / Jean Watson.
Sudbury, MA : Jones & Bartlett Learning, c2012.
xiii, 122 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Other contributors
Watson, Jean, 1940- Nursing : human science and human care.
Rev. ed. of: Nursing : human science and human care / Jean Watson. c1999.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction : context for theory development
- Nursing as human caring science
- Human caring in nursing
- Nature of human caring and caring values in nursing
- Nursing and metaphysics
- Nature of human life as subject matter of nursing
- Theory components and definitions
- Transpersonal caring relationship
- Structural overview of Watson's theory of human care
- Methodology : reconsidered
- Transcendental or depth phenomenology and poetic results : an exemplar.
Human Caring Science: A Theory of Nursing, Second Edition by renowned nurse theorist Jean Watson discusses the balance between science and caring that forms the basis of the nursing profession. Watson's Theory of Human Care draws from Western and Eastern philosophers, approaching the human care relationship as a moral concept. Further, it seeks to elucidate the human care process in nursing, preserve humanity and the inner life of patients, and reintroduce true caring and healing into educational and clinical practices. Thoroughly revised and updated, each chapter provides fresh insights and contemporary thinking making it accessible to undergraduates as well as graduates and practicing nurses. This Second Edition also includes a new research chapter with the latest empirical work on assessing and measuring caring, examples of practice models, and multi-site research.--Publisher website.
- Subject headings
- Medical subjects
9781449628109 (alk. paper)
1449628109 (alk. paper)
- Columbus - University Library of Columbus
- Call Number
- RT84.5 .W367 2012
- Columbus Library - Stacks