Perspectives on nursing theory
Perspectives on nursing theory / edited by Pamela G. Reed, Nelma B. Crawford Shearer.
Philadelphia : Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, c2012.
xiv, 466 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Other contributors
Reed, Pamela G., 1952-
Shearer, Nelma B. Crawford, 1950-
- Portion of title
Anthology of previously published articles.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Structures of nursing knowledge development
- The inseparability of theory and practice
- Theory and knowledge translation
- Philosophies of nursing science in research
- Epistemology and evidence in practice
- Tools for theory development
- Characteristics and criteria of nursing theories
- Philosophies of nursing practice
- Future directions for nursing theory.
This text is a comprehensive anthology of important articles addressing diverse theoretical and philosophical perspectives on the nature of theory and knowledge development in nursing. This resource features cited articles that facilitate thought and discussion among nurses, researchers, students, and teachers. It features 52 of the most widely read and frequently cited articles reflecting seminal, modern, and futuristic perspectives on nursing theory and includes new articles reflecting current views of nursing theory and trends. It also includes biographical information about each author that provides insight into the author's perspective.
- Subject headings
- Medical subjects
Nursing Theory--Collected Works.
Philosophy, Nursing--Collected Works.
9781609137489 (alk. paper)
1609137485 (alk. paper)