Cultural reciprocity in special education : building family-professional relationships
Cultural reciprocity in special education : building family-professional relationships / by Maya Kalyanpur and Beth Harry.
Baltimore, Md. : Paul H. Brookes Pub. Co., c2012.
xv, 199 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Other contributors
Includes bibliographical references (p. 175-191) and index.
- Cultural underpinnings of special education
- Cultural reciprocity as an approach toward building parent-professional relationships
- Legal and epistemological underpinnings of the construction of disability
- The role of professional expertise and language in the treatment of disability
- Professionals' perspectives on parenting styles
- Goal setting for students: parents versus professionals: expectations
- Cultural reciprocity as a transformative journey in research and practice / Davenia Lea
- Stories of transformation: the power of exploring cultural dilemmas / Eva Thorp and Monimalika Day
- The preservice classroom as an intercultural space for experiencing a process of cultural reciprocity / Shernaz B. García.
- Subject headings
Special education--Social aspects--United States.
Special education--Parent participation--United States.
Minority people with disabilities--Education--United States.
Intercultural communication--United States.