Gender, violence and popular culture : telling stories
Shepherd, Laura J.
Gender, violence and popular culture : telling stories / Laura J. Shepherd.
Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon ; New York : Routledge, 2013.
xi, 153 p. : maps ; 24 cm.
Popular culture and world politics
Includes bibliographical references (p. -147) and index.
- Telling stories: an essay on gender, violence and popular culture
- Morality, legality and gender violence in Angel
- Policing the boundaries of desire in Buffy the vampire slayer
- Gender, ethics and political community in Generation kill
- Feminism and political strategy in The west wing
- Gender, violence and security in Oz
- Security and governance after modernity in Firefly
- Hope and the politics of natality in The corner
- Points de capiton: aesthetics, ethics and critique.
- Subject headings
Sex role on television.
Women on television.
Violence on television.
Popular culture--United States--History--20th century.