A manual for writers of research papers, theses, and dissertations : Chicago Style for students and researchers
Turabian, Kate L.
A manual for writers of research papers, theses, and dissertations : Chicago Style for students and researchers / Kate L. Turabian ; revised by Wayne C. Booth, Gregory G. Colomb, Joseph M. Williams, and the University of Chicago Press editorial staff.
Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 
xv, 448 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Other contributors
Booth, Wayne C.
Colomb, Gregory G.
Williams, Joseph M.
- Portion of title
Chicago Style for students and researchers
- Uniform series
Chicago guides to writing, editing, and publishing.
"Portions of this book have been adapted from The Craft of Research, 3rd edition, by Wayne C. Booth, Gregory C. Colomb, and Joseph M. Williams, ©1995, 2003, 2008 by The University of Chicago; and The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition, ©2010 by The University of Chicago"--Title page verso.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 409-433) and index.
- Research and writing: from planning to production / Wayne C. Booth, Gregory C. Colomb, and Joseph M. Williams : What research is and how researchers think about it ; Moving from a topic to a question to a working hypothesis ; Finding useful sources ; Engaging sources ; Planning your argument ; Planning a first draft ; Drafting your report ; Presenting evidence in tables and figures ; Revising your draft ; Writing your final introduction and conclusion ; Revising sentences ; Learning from your returned paper ; Presenting research in alternative forums ; On the spirit of research
- Source citation : General introduction to citation practices ; Notes-bibliography style: the basic form ; Notes-bibliography style: citing specific types of sources ; Author-date style: the basic form ; Author-date style: citing specific types of sources
- Style : Spelling ; Punctuation ; Names, special terms, and titles of works ; Numbers ; Abbreviations ; Quotations ; Tables and figures
- Appendix: Paper format and submission.
This handbook is a set of guidelines to help students understand how to write, cite, and formally submit research writing.
- Subject headings
Dissertations, Academic--Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Academic writing--Handbooks, manuals, etc.
9780226816371 (cloth : alk. paper)
0226816370 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780226816388 (paper : alk. paper)
0226816389 (paper : alk. paper)
- Indpls - IUPUI University Library
- Call Number
- LB2369 .T8 2013
- IUPUI University Lib. - Service & Information Desk
- 2nd Floor