Complete copyright for K-12 librarians and educators
Complete copyright for K-12 librarians and educators [electronic resource] / Carrie Russell.
Chicago : American Library Association, 2012.
1 online resource (xi, 173 p.) : ill. (chiefly col.).
Access for [All Campuses] - (Available on campus and off campus with authorized logon)
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Staff attend a copyright workshop
- Lindsey's copyright is infringed
- Kim wants to talk about fair use
- The school media center is renovated
- Patrick inserts a video clip
- Veronda and Lena want to digitize textbooks
- The school has a talent show
- Appendices: SLMS and copyright: a survey
- Agreement on guidelines for classroom copying in not-for-profit educational institutions with respect to books and periodicals
- Guidelines for educational uses of music
- Guidelines for off-air recording of broadcast programming for educational purposes
- Model policy concerning college and university photocopying for classroom, research, and library reserve use
- CONTU guidelines on photocopying under interlibrary loan arrangements
- Fair use guidelines for educational multimedia
- Use of copyrighted computer programs (software) in libraries-scenarios.
"School librarians and educators have specific copyright questions that are often glossed over in larger books on the subject. Now, thanks to best-selling copyright authority Carrie Russell, there's a resource just for them, offering clear guidance for providing materials to students while carefully observing copyright law. Using whimsical illustrations so well known from Complete Copyright, Russell: Offers detailed advice on the distinctive issues of intellectual property in the school setting; Explores scenarios often encountered by educators, such as using copyrighted material in school plays, band and orchestra performances, bulletin board displays, and student participation in social media; Precisely defines "fair use," empowering readers by showing exactly what's possible within the law. Balancing intellectual property law with the rights of school librarians and educators will be a snap with an assist from Complete Copyright for K-12 Librarians and Educators"--From the publisher.
- Subject headings
Fair use (Copyright)--United States.
School libraries--Law and legislation--United States.
Librarians--Legal status, laws, etc.--United States.
- Genre heading
9780838995747 (electronic bk.)
0838995748 (electronic bk.)