China and the EU in context : insights for business and investors
China and the EU in context : insights for business and investors / edited by Kerry Brown.
Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York, NY : Palgrave Macmillan, 2014.
xviii, 345 pages ; 23 cm
- Other contributors
Brown, Kerry, 1967- editor of compilation.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: The EU and China, a Relationship in context / Kerry Brown
- 1. Chinese Overseas Direct Investment into the European Union / Jeremy Clegg and Hinrich Voss
- 2. Chinese Investment in the Greater Europe Zone / Thierry Apoteker
- 3. Rebalancing Towards a Sustainable Future: China's Twelfth Five-Year Programme / Robert Ash, Robin Porter and Tim Summers
- 4. China's Rulers: The Fifth Generation Takes Power (2012-13) / Michael Dillon
- 5. Social Unrest in China / Lynette H. Ong and Christian Göbel
- 6. Untapped Trilateralism: Common Economic and Security Interests of the European Union, The United States and China / Bates Gill and Andrew Small
- 7. China's Food Security: It is a National, Regional or Global Issue / David Norse, Yuelai Lu and Jikun Huang
- 8. Migration from China into the EU: The Challenge within Europe / Bin Wu and Kevin Latham and Bin Wu.
"China and the EU in Context brings together the research of world-class commentators on China from across Europe to explore the economic, political, investment, and trade relations between China and the EU. Brown provides a comprehensive overview to explain the key challenges currently facing those who are seeking to work with the Chinese or in China. Written for senior executives and investors, this accessible book shows how to relate to China practically and understand the internal dynamics for business purposes, exploring themes including investment, social unrest, and China's five-year program"-- Provided by publisher.
- Subject headings
China--Foreign economic relations--European Union countries.
European Union countries--Foreign economic relations--China.
European Union countries--Economic policy.
European Union countries--Economic conditions--21st century.
- Other subjects
- Standard Identifier