Discussion in the college classroom getting your students engaged and participating in person and online
Howard, Jay R.
Discussion in the college classroom [electronic resource] : getting your students engaged and participating in person and online / Jay R. Howard.
San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass, A Wiley Brand, 2015.
1 online resource.
Access for [SOUTHEAST]
Access for [BLOOMINGTON]
Access for [EAST]
Access for [NORTHWEST]
Access for [IUPUI]
Access for [KOKOMO]
Access for [SOUTH BEND]
Access for [COLUMBUS]
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Available on campus and off campus with authorized login.
- Introduction : why bother with classroom discussion?
- Is anyone really paying attention?
- The challenge of dominant talkers
- Students' differing definitions of the classroom
- Making online discussion work
- To grade or not to grade? and other conundrums.
- Subject headings
- Genre heading