Writing for scholars : a practical guide to making sense & being heard
Nygaard, Lynn P., author.
Writing for scholars : a practical guide to making sense & being heard / Lynn P. Nygaard.
Los Angeles : Sage Publications Inc., 
xii, 214 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
Originally published: Scandinavian University Press in cooperation with LIBER and Copenhagen Business School Press, 2008.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Text in English.
- Introduction : Entering the conversation
- Getting started : developing good writing habits
- The 'I' in (social) science : objectivity, transparency and argument
- Who are you talking to? defining your audience
- What do you want to say? forming your core argument
- How are you going to say it? developing your structure
- Breaking up the grey mass : headings, figures and tables
- Holding up the mirror : giving and receiving feedback
- Saying it out loud : presenting your paper
- Delivering the goods : following author guidelines and submitting your manuscript.
- Subject headings