Copyright conversations : rights literacy in a digital world
Copyright conversations : rights literacy in a digital world / edited by Sara R. Benson
Chicago, Illinois : Association of College and Reserach Libraries, 
xiii, 401 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Other contributors
Benson, Sara R., editor.
Crews, Kenneth D., writer of foreword.
Association of College and Research Libraries publisher.
Foreword : Kenneth D. Crews. -- Page xiii.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Copyright librarians' role and advocacy : "Kids these days"...may know more about copyright than you / Nancy Sims
- Copyright law's role in advocacy and education for open access policies on campus / Colin B. Lukens, Shannon Kipphut-Smith, and Kyle K. Courtney
- Fear and fair use : Addressing the affective domain / Sara R. Benson
- The origins and future of fair use/fair dealing week : why should libraries, museums, and other cultural institutions participate? / Kyle K. Courtney and Krista L. Cox
- An Exercise in Contradiction? The role of academic copyright librarians / Mélanie Brunet and Amanda Wakaruk
- Why every librarian should know about copyright : creating copyright training opportunities for librarians at your institution / Sarah A. Norris, Barbara Tierney, Lily Dubach
- Education. Copyright Self-Study: How to Know What You Know, What You Don't Know, and How to Discover What You Need to Know Next / Allison Nowicki Estell ; "Information Has Value" and Beyond: Copyright Education within and around the Framework / Gesina A. Phillips ; An Active Learning Approach to Teaching Copyright Essentials / Malina Thiede and Jennifer Zerkee ; Online Classrooms: Is the TEACH Act Enough? / Carla S. Myers ; But I Cited It! Best Practices in Teaching the One-Shot Copyright Instruction Session for Undergraduate Students / Melanie T. Kowalski and Lisa A. Macklin ; Thesis and Dissertation Copyright Instruction for Grad Students: What They Should Know and Why They Should Care / Andrea L. Schuler ; "Caring about Sharing": Copyright and Student Academic Integrity in the University Learning Management System / Roger Gillis
- Research and Policy. Copyright Essentials and Information Policy (Policy Implications for Copyright Law) / Carrie Russell ; Seeing the Whole Picture: Insights into Copyright Risk Literacy in Higher Education from Enterprise Risk Management / Alexandra Kohn ; Social Media and the Ethics of Scholarship: A Call for the Assessment and Communication of Rights Information, Provenance, and Context / Rina Elster Pantalony ; Law and Literacy in Non-Consumptive Text Mining: Guiding Researchers Through the Landscape of Computational Text Analysis / Rachael G. Samberg and Cody Hennesy ; Whose Stuff is it Anyway? Adopting Strategies for US Orphan Works / Pia M. Hunter
- International Issues. The International Copyright Regime
- Just Enough to Make You Cringe / Bing Wang ; From Fair Dealing to Fair Use: How Universities Have Adapted to the Changing Copyright Landscape in Canada / Mark Swartz, Ann Ludbrook, Stephen Spong, and Graeme Slaght ; Interlibrary Loan and Copyright in Italy: A Case Study of the Bocconi University Library / Anna Vaglio
- Author biographies.
A guide to understanding, teaching, and applying copyright law for library users and your own research and policies.
- Subject headings
Library copyright policies--United States.
Copyright--Study and teaching--United States.
Fair use (Copyright)--Study and teaching--United States.
Fair use (Copyright)--United States.
- Indpls - Ruth Lilly Law Library
- Call Number
- Z649 .L53 C66 2019
- Checked out Due: 12-31-2020