Political theory : a beginner's guide
Woodcock, Pete (Peter Stewart), author.
Political theory : a beginner's guide / Pete Woodcock.
Cambridge, UK ; Medford, MA : Polity, 
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- What is the nature of politics?
- Is humanity nasty or nice?
- Why should I obey the state?
- Is democracy the best form of government?
- When can my freedom be restricted?
- What would a just society look like?
- Why have women been ignored in the history of political thought
- When is revolution against government justified?
- Conclusion : ideologies.
"In this highly accessible new introductory textbook, Pete Woodcock examines the fundamental questions of political theory. He takes students step-by-step through the most important answers given by history's most famous thinkers to the most essential questions in politics, on topics ranging from liberty and justice to gender and revolution"-- Provided by publisher.
- Subject headings