Teaching at its best : a research-based resource for college instructors
Nilson, Linda Burzotta.
Teaching at its best : a research-based resource for college instructors / Linda B. Nilson.
HathiTrust Emergency Access
Bolton, MA : Anker Pub. Co., c1998.
219 p. ; 28 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -213) and index.
- Instructional support services and resources
- Understanding your students
- In the beginning : course design and objectives
- The complete syllabus
- Course coordination between faculty and TAs
- Copyright guidelines for the classroom
- Your first day of class
- Classroom management
- Preserving academic honesty
- Making the most of office hours
- Motivating your students
- Learning styles
- An introduction to student-active teaching : the discovery method
- Making the lecture a learning experience
- Leading effective discussions
- Questioning techniques for discussion and assessment
- From student-active to experiential teaching formats
- Cooperative learning
- The case method
- Writing-to-learn activities and assignments
- Tools of the trade : making the most of instructional aids and technology
- Teaching students to think and write in the disciplines
- Making a foreign language come alive
- Teaching mathematical problem solving
- Science education : dynamic methods for fast-paced disciplines
- Assessing students' learning in progress
- Test construction
- Preparing students for tests
- Grading : tests, assignments, and course performance
- Evaluating and documenting teaching effectiveness.
- Subject headings
- Medical subjects
- Blmgtn - Education Library
- Call Number
- LB2331 .N54 1998
- Print item unavailable. View digitized copy in HathiTrust