Parenting and the child's world : influences on academic, intellectual, and social-emotional development
Parenting and the child's world : influences on academic, intellectual, and social-emotional development / [edited by] John G. Borkowski, Sharon Landesman Ramey, Marie Bristol-Power.
Mahwah, N.J. : L. Erlbaum, 2002.
xv, 388 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Other contributors
Borkowski, John G., 1938-
Ramey, Sharon L.
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (U.S.)
Monographs in parenting series
This publication is the result of a conference supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Beyond the nurture assumption: testing hypotheses about the child's environment / Judith Rich Harris
- What twin and adoption studies reveal about parenting / David C. Rowe
- Parenting effects: issues and controversies / Eleanor E. Maccoby
- Science and art of parenting / Sharon Landesman Ramey
- What an intervention design reveals about how parents affect their child's academic achievement and behavior problems / Philip A. Cowan and Carolyn Pape Cowan
- Parenting and family influences when children are in child care: results from the NICHD study of early child care / NICHD Early Child Care Research Network
- Early educational interventions for high-risk children: how center-based treatment can augment and improve parenting effectiveness / Craig T. Ramey, et al.
- Parenting and academic achievement: multiple paths to early literacy / Frederick J. Morrison and Ramie R. Cooney
- Adolescent as parent: influences on children's intellectual, academic, and socioemotional development / John G. Borkowski, et al.
- From infant attachment to promotion of adolescent autonomy: perspective, longitudinal data on the role of parents in development / L. Alan Sroufe
- Disruptions in parenting behavior related to maternal depression: influences on children's behavioral and psychobiological development / Lara Embry and Geraldine Dawson
- Mediation, moderation and mechanisms in how parenting affects children's aggressive behavior / Kenneth A. Dodge
- Parenting and adolescent problem behavior: an ecological analysis of the nurturance hypothesis / Thomas J. Dishion and Bernadette Marie Bullock
- Interparental relations as a dimension of parenting / E. Mark Cummings, et al.
- Parents, peers, and the process of socialization in primates / Steven J. Suomi
- Role of parenting in shaping the impacts of welfare-to-work programs on children / Sharon M. McGroder, et al.
- Family structure and resources and the parenting of children with disabilities and functional limitations / Dennis P. Hogan and Michael E. Msall
- Parenting children with developmental disabilities: a ladder of influence / Laraine Masters Glidden
- National institute of child health and human developmental research on parenting: past, present, and future directions / Margaret M. Feerick, et al.
- Parenting research: translations to parenting practices / John G. Borowski, et al.
- Subject headings
Parent and child.
0805838325 (alk. paper)
- Indpls - IUPUI University Library
- Call Number
- HQ755.8 .P379126 2002