New strategies in college teaching : succeeding in today's academic world
New strategies in college teaching : succeeding in today's academic world.
Boston : Allyn and Bacon, c2002.
viii, 328 p. ; 23 cm.
Excerpts from eight Allyn & Bacon higher education books.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Today's undergraduate students
- Faculty: the focal point
- A problem-solving theory of teaching
- Understanding hallmarks of learner-centered teaching and assessment
- Basic course components
- Developing, administering, and analyzing exams
- Experiencing a paradigm shift through assessment
- Using feedback from students to improve learning
- The elements of effective online teaching: overcoming the barriers to success
- Third generation web sites and learning
- Questions writers ask
- Teaching and the tenure track
- CourseCompass: teaching online with CourseCompass.
- Subject headings
College teaching--United States.
College teachers--Training of--United States.
Education, Higher--United States.