Small group instruction in higher education : lessons from the past, visions of the future
Small group instruction in higher education : lessons from the past, visions of the future / James L. Cooper, Pamela Robinson & David Ball, editors.
Stillwater, Okla. : New Forums Press, c2003.
ix, 356 p. ; 21 cm.
- Other contributors
Cooper, James L.
Includes bibliographical references.
- What is cooperative learning? / Jim Cooper
- Building bridges between cooperative and collabortive learning / Roberta S. Matthews ... [et al.]
- Collaborative & cooperative learning in higher education: a proposed taxonomy / Joe Cuseo
- FIPSE-sponsored CL research at Dominguez Hills and community colleges / Jim Cooper and Pamela Robinson
- Research on cooperative learning in college science, mathematics, engineering, and technology / Leonard Springer
- How cooperative learning can fullfill the promises of the "seven principles" / Barbara Millis
- What matters in college? Implications for cooperative learning of a new national study / Alexander W. Astin
- Critical thinking and cooperative learning: a natural marriage ; Cooperative learning: a pedagogy for diversity / Joseph B. Cuseo
- Ten reasons college administrators should support cooperative learning / Jim Cooper
- A cooperative learning structure for large classes: think-pair-share / Barbara J. Millis and Philip G. Cottell Jr.
- Think-pair-square applied to a review session / Joy Ollen
- Guided peer questioning: a cooperative learning approach to critical thinking / Alison King
- Quick-thinks: active-thinking tasks in lecture classes and televised instruction / Susan Johnston and Jim Cooper
- Supporting student success through scaffolding / Susan Johnston and Jim Cooper
- The use of pairs in cooperative learning / Mel Silberman
- More tips for getting started in cooperative learning ; Getting started with cooperative learning / Susan Prescott-Johnston
- Using small-group development to facilitate cooperative learning base groups / Nancy E. Stetson
- College classrooms' lost gold mine: the cooperative base group / Susan R. Gruber and Darlene Vanselow Habanek
- Structured controversy/constructive controversy / David W. Johnson, Roger T. Johnson and Karl A. Smith
- Group investigation in the University classroom / Shlomo Sharan
- Faculty and student resistence to cooperative learning / Ted Panitz
- Building community one brick at a time / Marcy Hamby Towns
- Group formation in cooperative learning: what the experts say / Jim Cooper
- Trouble-shooting cooperative learning : Trouble-shooting / Susan Prescott Johnston
- Peer revision: sharing the power and the work / Susan Johnston
- Supporting student success in the classroom / Susan Johnston
- The 21st century college: the three Cs / David W. Johnson and Roger T. Johnson
- Cooperative learning and service learning: soul-mates for reflection in higher education / James Mitchell
- Small-group learning in higher education: a status report and an agenda for the future / James L. Cooper, David Ball and Pamela Robinson
- Cooperative-learning structures for brain-compatible instruction / Spencer Kagan
- Surveys and cooperative learning : using student experiences as the basis for small-group work / Mark H. Maier
- Using cooperative games for learning and assessment / Barbara J. Millis
- The interactive lecture: reconciling group and active-learning strategies with traditional instructional formats / James L. Cooper, Pamela Robinson, and David Ball
- A crisis of clarity / Susan Johnston.
- Subject headings
Group work in education.
1581070675 (pbk.) : $24.95