Environmental sociology : from analysis to action
Environmental sociology : from analysis to action / edited by Leslie King and Deborah McCarthy.
Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, c2005.
xxx, 487 p. ; 23 cm.
<Table of contents> http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/ecip052/2004025145.html
- Other contributors
King, Leslie, 1959-
Auriffeille, Deborah McCarthy, 1966-
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: environmental problems require social solutions / Deborah McCarthy, Leslie King
- Vulnerable planet / John Bellamy Foster
- Mountaintop removal in West Virginia: an environmental sacrifice zone / Julia Fox
- People of the forest against international capitalism: systemic and anti-systemic forces in the battle for the preservation of the Brazilian Amazon rainforest / Luiz C. Barbosa
- Tourism, environmentalism, and cultural survival in Quintana Roo / Oriol Pi-Sunyer, R. Brooke Thomas
- Treadmill predispositions and social responses: population, consumption, and technological change / Allan Schnaiberg, Kenneth Alan Gould
- Oakland's Fruitvale transit village: building an environmentally sound vehicle for neighborhood revitalization / William A. Shutkin
- American environmentalism: the role of race, class and gender in shaping activism 1820-1995 / Dorceta E. Taylor
- Turning public issues into private troubles: lead contamination, domestic labor, and the exploitation of women's unpaid labor in Australia / Lois Bryson, Kathleen McPhillips, Kathryn Robinson
- Environmental justice: grassroots activism and its impact on public policy decision making / Robert D. Bullard, Glenn S. Johnson
- Forty years of spotted owls? A longitudinal analysis of logging industry job losses / William R. Freudenburg, Lisa J. Wilson, Daniel J. O'Leary
- Next revolutionary stage: recycling waste or recycling history? / David N. Pellow
- Silent spill: the organization of an industrial crisis / Thomas D. Beamish
- Corporate responsibility for toxins / Gerald Markowitz, David Rosner
- Tangled routes: women, work, and globalization on the tomato trail / Deborah Barndt.
- Driving south: the globalization of auto consumption and its social organization of space / Peter Freund, George Martin
- Environmental justice movement: equitable allocation of the costs and benefits of environmental management outcomes / David N. Pellow, Adam Weinberg, Allan Schnaiberg
- Touch the magic / Susan G. Davis
- Nature of future myths: environmental discourse in science fiction film, 1950-1999 / Christopher W. Podeschi
- Selling "Mother Earth": advertising and the myth of the natural / Robin Andersen
- Social construction of cancer: a walk upstream / Sandra Steingraber
- Science in environmental conflicts / Connie P. Ozawa
- Risk and recruitment: patterns of social mobilization in a government town / Thomas E. Shriver
- Transnational protest and the corporate planet: the case of Mitsubishi Corporation versus the Rainforest Action Network / Boris Holzer
- Coalition building between Native American and environmental organizations in opposition to development: the case of the New Los Padres Dam project / Mik Moore
- Hunting and the politics of identity in Ontario / Thomas Dunk
- Special moment in history: the future of population / Bill McKibben
- Cuba: a successful case study of sustainable agriculture / Peter M. Rosset
- Cleaning the closet: toward a new fashion ethic / Juliet Schor
- On the trail of courageous behavior / Myron Peretz Glazer, Penina Migdal Glazer.
- Subject headings
074253507X (cloth : alk. paper)
0742535088 (pbk. : alk. paper)