Leaving the lectern : cooperative learning and the critical first days of students working in groups
McManus, Dean A.
Leaving the lectern : cooperative learning and the critical first days of students working in groups / Dean A. McManus.
Bolton, Mass. : Anker Pub., c2005.
xix, 207 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
<Table of contents> http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/ecip055/2004029185.html
Includes bibliographical references (p. 181-193) and index.
- Before the change
- Change involves taking risks
- Change can be piecemeal
- Change is finding and sharing answers to questions about student learning
- Change alters what you put into the course
- Change emphasizes what students take away from the course
- Change must be assessed for student learning
- Change must be assessed for teaching
- Change is hard in isolation but facilitated by connections
- Change means changing your concepts about education
- Change means changing your concepts about yourself.
- Subject headings
Group work in education.
- Indpls - IUPUI University Library
- Call Number
- LB2331 .M395 2005
- IUPUI University Lib. - Center for Teaching and Lrng.
- 1st Floor