China's expansion into the western hemisphere : implications for Latin America and the United States
China's expansion into the western hemisphere : implications for Latin America and the United States / Riordan Roett, Guadalupe Paz, editors.
Washington, D.C. : Brookings Institution Press, c2008.
viii, 276 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Other contributors
Roett, Riordan, 1938-
Paz, Guadalupe, 1970-
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction : assessing the implications of China's growing presence in the Western Hemisphere / Riordan Roett and Guadalupe Paz
- The Chinese foreign policy perspective / Jiang Shixue
- An alternative Chinese view / Xiang Lanxin
- A view from Latin America / Juan Gabriel Tokatlian
- A South-South perspective / Monica Hirst
- China's economic rise / Robert Devlin
- Latin America in the economic equation - winners and losers : what can losers do? / Francisco E. González
- Latin America as China's energy supplier / Luisa Palacios
- China's growing influence in Southeast Asia / Joshua Kurlantzick
- China's new engagement with Africa / Chris Alden
- The U.S.-China-Latin America triangle : implications for the future / Barbara Stallings.
"Analyzes the history and motivations of U.S.-China-Latin America relationship. Focuses on China's growing economic ties to the region, including Latin America's role in China's search for energy resources. Highlights the geopolitical implications of Chinese hemispheric policy and sets recent developments in the context of China's role in the developing world"--Provided by publisher.
- Subject headings
United States--Foreign economic relations--China.
China--Foreign economic relations--United States.
China--Foreign economic relations--Latin America.
Latin America--Foreign economic relations--China.
9780815775539 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0815775539 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Blmgtn - Herman B Wells Library
- Call Number
- HF1604.Z4 U636 2008
- Wells Library - Research Coll. - Stacks
- 7th Floor, East Tower