Assessing and measuring caring in nursing and health sciences
Watson, Jean, 1940-
Assessing and measuring caring in nursing and health sciences / Jean Watson.
New York : Springer Pub. Co., ©2009.
xix, 345 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Other contributors
Watson Caring Science Institute.
"The Watson Caring Science Institute."
Includes bibliographical references (pages 327-333) and index.
- Introduction: measuring caring
- Caring and nursing science: contemporary discourse
- Background and selection of caring instruments
- CARE-Q and CARE/SAT and modified CARE-Q
- Caring behaviors inventory and new version. Caring behaviors inventory for elders
- Caring behaviors assessment tool
- Caring behaviors of nurses scale
- Professional caring behaviors
- Nyberg caring assessment scale
- Caring ability inventory
- Caring behavior checklist and client perception of caring scale
- Caring assessment tools and the CAT-admin
- Peer group caring interaction scale and organizational climate for caring questionnaire
- Caring efficacy scale
- Holistic caring inventory
- Caring dimensions inventory
- Caring attributes, professional self-concept, and technological influences scale
- Caring professional scale
- Methodist health care system nurse caring instrument
- Relational caring questionnaires
- Family caring inventory
- Nurse-patient relationship questionnaire
- Caring behaviors inventory-short form
- Caring nurse-patient interactions scale
- Caring factor survey
- The evolution of measuring caring: moving toward construct validity
- Postscript: thoughts on caring theories and instruments for measuring caring.
"Thi book provides all the essential research tools for assessing and measuring carlng for those in the caring professions, Watson's text is the only comprehensive and accessible collection of instruments for such measurement in clinical and educational nursing research. The measurements address quality of care; patient, client, and nurse perceptions of caring; and caring behaviors, abilities, and efficacy." "Newly updated, this edition also contalns three new chapters, which document the most effective caring language and provide innovative methods of selecting appropriate tools for measurement based on validity and reliability." "Key features of new edition: A chapter providing a comprehensive literature review of the research and. measurement of caring; a chapter entitled "Caring Factor Survey," which presents a new scale based on Watson's original theory of human caring; chapters outlining instruments for care measurement, including the Holistic Caring Inventory, Peer Group Caring Interaction Scale, and many more."--Jacket.
- Subject headings
- Medical subjects
Quality Indicators, Health Care.
9780826121967 (alk. paper)
0826121969 (alk. paper)
- Blmgtn - Herman B Wells Library
- Call Number
- RT42 .W38 2009
- Wells Library - Research Coll. - Stacks
- 10th Floor, East Tower