Expertise in nursing practice : caring, clinical judgment & ethics
Benner, Patricia E.
Expertise in nursing practice : caring, clinical judgment & ethics / Patricia Benner, Christine A. Tanner, Catherine A. Chesla.
New York : Springer Pub., c2009.
xxvi, 497 p. ; 23 cm.
- Other contributors
Tanner, Christine A., 1947-
Chesla, Catherine A.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 471-490) and index.
- The relationship of theory and practice in the acquisition of skill / Hubert L. Dreyfus and Stuart E. Dreyfus
- Entering the field : advanced beginner practice
- The competent stage : a time of analysis, planning, and confrontation
- Proficiency : a transition to expertise
- Expert practice
- Impediments to the development of clinical knowledge and ethical judgment in critical care nursing / Jane Rubin
- Clinical judgment
- The social embeddedness of knowledge
- The primacy of caring and the role of experience, narrative, and community in clinical and ethical expertise
- Implications of the phenomenology of expertise for teaching and learning everyday skillful ethical comportment / Hubert L. Dreyfus, Stuart E. Dreyfus, and Patricia Benner
- The nurse-physician relationship : negotiating clinical knowledge
- Implications for basic nursing education
- Implications for nursing administration and practice.
- Subject headings
Nursing--Study and teaching.
Nursing--Study and teaching (Continuing education)
- Medical subjects