China 2020 : how western business can--and should--influence social and political change in the coming decade
Santoro, Michael A.
China 2020 : how western business can--and should--influence social and political change in the coming decade / Michael A. Santoro.
Ithaca : Cornell University Press, 2009.
xiii, 162 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -153) and index.
- Beyond the shadow of Tiananmen : the role of foreign business in China's uncertain path to democracy and human rights
- The clipboard, the megaphone, and socialist characteristics : pragmatic and ideological approaches to solving China's sweatshop problem
- Drug safety races to the bottom : the need for "safe trade" in drugs and other products manufactured in China
- China 2.0 : illusion and promise behind the "great firewall"
- Soft seat on the Long March : foreign business and the rule of law in China
- Conclusion : the two Chinas of 2020.
- Subject headings
International business enterprises--China.
Social responsibility of business--China.
Social change--China--21st century.
China--Foreign economic relations.
China--Politics and government--21st century.
9780801446955 (cloth : alk. paper)
0801446953 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Blmgtn - Herman B Wells Library
- Call Number
- HF1604 .S26 2009
- Wells Library - Research Coll. - Stacks
- 7th Floor, East Tower