Nursing theory : utilization & application
Nursing theory : utilization & application / [edited by] Martha Raile Alligood.
Maryland Heights, Mo. : Elsevier Mosby, ©2010.
xiv, 545 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Other contributors
Alligood, Martha Raile.
Previous edition: St. Louis, Mo.: Mosby Elsevier, 2006.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part 1 : Conceptualization. The nature of knowledge needed for nursing practice / Martha Raile Alligood. Nursing models: normal science for nursing practice / Angela F. Wood. Philosophies, models, and theories: critical thinking structures / Martha Raile Alligood. Philosophies, models, and theories: moral obligations / Pamela J. Grace
- Part 2: Application. Section 1 : Nursing philosophies. Nightingale's philosophy in nursing practice / Kim Bolton. Watson's philosophy in nursing practice / D. Elizabeth Jesse. Benner's philosophy in nursing practice / Karen A. Brykcynski
- Section 2 : Nursing models. Johnson's behavioral system model in nursing practice / Bonnie Holaday. King's conceptual system and theory of goal attainment in nursing practice / Maureen A. Frey. Levine's conservation model in nursing practice / Karen Moore Schaefer. Neuman's systems model in nursing practice / Karhleen M. Geib. Orem's self-care deficit nursing theory in practice / Violeta Ann Berbiglia. Rogers' science of unitary human beings in nursing practice / Mary Gunther. Roy's adaptation model in nursing practice / Kenneth D. Phillips
- Section 3 : Nursing theories. Orlando's nursing process theory in nursing practice / Barbara A. May. Modeling and role-modeling theory in nursing practice / Margaret E. Erickson. Mercer's becoming a mother theory in nursing practice / Molly Meighan. Leininger's theory of culture care diversity and universality in nursing practice / Marjorie G. Morgan. Parse's theory of humanbecoming in nursing practice / Gail J. Mitchell. Newman's theory of health as expanding consciousness in nursing practice / Janet Witucki Brown
- Part 3 : Expansion. Areas for further development of theory-based nursing practice / Martha Raile Alligood. Nursing philosophies, models, and theories: a focus on the future / Jacqueline Fawcett.
This text offers ways to apply nursing theory to actual nursing practice. It is intended as a companion title to 'Nursing Theorists and their Work'.
- Subject headings
- Medical subjects
- Blmgtn - Auxiliary Library Facility
- Call Number
- RT84.5 .N94 2010
- Auxiliary Library Facility - Stacks