Health promotion in nursing practice
Pender, Nola J., 1941-
Health promotion in nursing practice / Nola J. Pender, Carolyn L. Murdaugh, Mary Ann Parsons.
Upper Saddle River, N.J. : Pearson, ©2011.
xviii, 349 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Other contributors
Murdaugh, Carolyn L.
Parsons, Mary Ann.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Toward a definition of health
- Individual models to promote health behavior
- Community models to promote health
- Assessing health and health behaviors
- Developing a health promotion-prevention plan
- Physical activity and health promotion
- Nutrition and health promotion
- Stress management and health promotion
- Social support and health
- Evaluating individual and community interventions
- Self-care for health promotion across the life span
- Health promotion in vulnerable populations
- Health promotion in community settings
- Promoting health through social and environmental change.
This book presents a strong foundation for understanding and building the science and practice of health promotion. This Sixth Edition is thoroughly updated to reflect the latest research and terminology.
- Subject headings
Preventive health services.
- Medical subjects
- Genre heading
- Blmgtn - Herman B Wells Library
- Call Number
- RT67 .P56 2011
- Wells Library - Research Coll. - Stacks
- 10th Floor, East Tower