Clinical wisdom and interventions in acute and critical care : a thinking-in-action approach
Benner, Patricia E.
Clinical wisdom and interventions in acute and critical care : a thinking-in-action approach / Patricia Benner, Patricia Hooper-Kyriakidis, Daphne Stannard.
New York : Springer, c2011.
xxiii, 576 p. ; 26 cm.
- Other contributors
Hooper-Kyriakidis, Patricia Lee.
Benner, Patricia E. Clinical wisdom and interventions in critical care.
Rev. ed. of: Clinical wisdom and interventions in critical care / Patricia Benner, Patricia Hooper-Kyriakidis, Daphne Stannard.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Thinking-in-action and reasoning-in-transition : an overview
- Clinical grasp and clinical inquiry : problem identification and clinical problem solving
- Clinical imagination and clinical forethought : anticipating and preventing potential problems
- Diagnosing and managing life-sustaining physiologic functions in acutely ill and unstable patients
- The skilled know-how of managing a crisis
- Providing comfort measures for the critically and acutely ill
- Caring for patients' families
- Preventing hazards in a technological environment
- Facing death : end-of-life care and decision making
- Making a case : communicating clinical assessment and improving teamwork
- Patient safety : monitoring quality, preventing, and managing practice breakdown
- The skilled know-how of clinical and moral leadership and the coaching and mentoring of others
- Educational strategies and implications.
- Subject headings
Intensive care nursing--Methodology.
- Medical subjects
- Columbus - University Library of Columbus
- Call Number
- RT120.I5 B46 2011
- Columbus Library - Stacks