Becoming an engaged campus : a practical guide for institutionalizing public engagement
Beere, Carole A., 1944-
Becoming an engaged campus : a practical guide for institutionalizing public engagement / Carole A. Beere, James C. Votruba, Gail W. Wells.
San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass, c2011.
xvi, 253 p. ; 24 cm.
- Other contributors
Votruba, James C.
Wells, Gail W.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Outreach and public engagement : understanding the context
- The alignment process
- Aligning the foundational elements
- Aligning leadership
- Aligning the organizational structure
- Aligning faculty and staff
- Aligning reappointment, promotion, and tenure
- Aligning for student engagement
- Aligning accountability and reporting systems
- Aligning communication
- Aligning with the community
- Aligning public policy
- Moving forward.
"There is a trend to have universities make a stronger commitment to community engagement. This book offers a how-to resource for campus leaders who want to take a strategic approach to creating change within the university and in relation to the community. It emphasizes what to do to expand community engagement at the university, and explains how to minimize the risks that can accompany this work. The authors provide a clear path to creating an engaged university and institutionalizing change so that it becomes integrated into the fabric of the university"--Provided by publisher.
- Subject headings
Community and college--United States.
Education, Higher--Social aspects--United States.
University cooperation--United States.
- Indpls - IUPUI University Library
- Call Number
- LC238 .B44 2011
- 3rd Floor