Coal / Roman Espejo, book editor.
Detroit : Greenhaven Press, 2011.
202 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Other contributors
Espejo, Roman, 1977-
- Uniform series
Opposing viewpoints series (Unnumbered)
Includes bibliographical references (p. 190-192) and index.
- Is coal the future of energy?
- Clean coal will be the energy of the future / National Energy Technology Laboratory
- Clean coal should not be the energy of the future / Richard Heinberg
- Coal should not be the energy of the future / Sierra Club
- Coal is the most secure form of energy / Jude Clemente
- Nuclear power is the most secure form of energy / Patrick Moore, as told to Michael Kanellos
- Is coal use justified?
- Coal is a necessity / Michael Kanellos
- The cost of solar energy will soon compare with the cost of coal energy / Mark Clayton
- Liquid coal is a justifiable alternative to oil / Coal-to-liquids coalition
- Liquid coal is not a feasible alternative to oil / PRweb Newswire
- Should coal use be phased out?
- New coal power plants without CCS should be banned / Barbara Freese, Steve Clemmer, and Alan Nogee
- A ban on new coal power plants may be counterproductive / Jackie Grom, Jeffrey Rubin
- Reducing coal use would promote public health / Alan H. Lockwood, Kristen Welcker-Hood, Molly Rauch, and Barbara Gottlieb
- Reducing coal use would be socially irresponsible / Paul K. Driessen
- Using compact fluorescent bulbs instead of incandescents will decrease coal use / Lester R. Brown
- Compact fluorescent bulbs are hazardous to health and the environment / Rosalind Peterson
- Is coal mining safe?
- Stricter regulation can improve the safety of coal mines / George Miller
- More regulation will not improve the safety of coal mines / Tim Huber and Sam Hananel
- Union coal mines are safer / Daniel Malloy
- A major union has set back coal mine safety / Jerry White.
- Subject headings
Coal--Environmental aspects--United States.
Clean coal technologies--United States.
Coal mines and mining--United States--Safety measures.