The tastemakers : why we're crazy for cupcakes but fed up with fondue : (plus baconomics, superfoods, and other secrets from the world of food trends)
The tastemakers : why we're crazy for cupcakes but fed up with fondue : (plus baconomics, superfoods, and other secrets from the world of food trends) / David Sax.
New York : PublicAffairs, 
xvi, 318 pages ; 25 cm
Includes bibliographical references (pages 295-301) and index.
- The cultural trend: sex appeal
- Agriculture : the slow boat to China Black
- Chefs: a ceviche in every pot
- Health: take two chia seeds and call me in the morning
- Sales: awards night
- Data: the trendwatchers
- Marketing: someday my red prince will come
- Ethnic foods: as American as chicken tikka masala
- Food politics: the taco truck march on Washington
- Money: baconomics 101
- Aftermath: fondue retires to Florida.
A food and business writer examines the world of food trends, revealing where they originate and where they end and who influences them, from food company test labs and trendy food trucks to what characters are eating on our television shows.
- Subject headings
Food habits--United States.
Food preferences--United States.
Food industry and trade--United States.
- Blmgtn - Herman B Wells Library
- Call Number
- GT2853.U5 S39 2014
- Wells Library - Undergraduate Services - Core Collection
- 2nd Floor, West Tower