The gender creative child : pathways for nurturing and supporting children who live outside gender boxes
Ehrensaft, Diane, author.
The gender creative child : pathways for nurturing and supporting children who live outside gender boxes / Diane Ehrensaft, PhD ; foreword by Norman Spack, MD.
New York : The Experiment, 
xvi, 285 pages ; 24 cm
Includes bibliographical references (pages 259-271) and index.
- Foreword / by Norman Spack, MD
- Who is the gender creative child?
- What's your gender? : from boxes to spectrums to webs to gender infinity
- The gender spread : apples, oranges, and fruit salad
- When it's gender and something else or something else
- It takes a gender creative parent to negotiate the gender maze
- If gender is expansive, wherefore a shrink?
- Do we want a doctor in the house?
- Into the streets/onto the screens
- What's left to learn?
"In this comprehensive resource, Dr. Ehrensaft explains the interconnected effects of biology, nurture, and culture to explore why gender can be fluid, rather than binary. As an advocate for the gender affirmative model and with the expertise she has gained over three decades of pioneering work with children and families, she encourages caregivers to listen to each child, learn their particular needs, and support their quest for a true gender self." -- Amazon.com
- Subject headings
Gender identity--Psychological aspects.
Parents of transgender children.