Comics art in China
Lent, John A., author.
Comics art in China / John A. Lent and Xu Ying.
Jackson : University Press of Mississippi, 
234 pages : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Other contributors
Xu, Ying, 1959- author.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 207-222) and index.
- Cradle of Chinese cartooning
- Manhua's golden age
- Cartoons as wartime weapons, 1930s-1949
- Liberation, Maoist campaigns, and cartoons, 1949-1976
- Reform, modernization, market economy, and cartooning
- Animation: from hand-crafted experimentation to digitalization
- Appendix: Interviews conducted by John A. Lent and/or Xu Ying.
"The definitive book about cartoons, picture books, comics, and animation in mainland China"-- Provided by publisher.
- Subject headings
Caricatures and cartoons--China--History.
Animated films--China--History and criticism.
Arts and society--China--History.
- Genre heading
Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Blmgtn - Herman B Wells Library
- Call Number
- NC1690 .L46 2017
- Wells Library - Research Coll. - Stacks
- 9th Floor, East Tower