Brexit time : leaving the EU--why, how and when?
Armstrong, Kenneth A., author.
Brexit time : leaving the EU--why, how and when? / Kenneth A. Armstrong, University of Cambridge.
Cambridge, United Kingdom : Cambridge University Press, 2017.
x, 298 pages ; 22 cm
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introducing Brexit Time
- Part I. Time before Brexit. Before and After Membership
- Reform and Renegotiation
- Referendums and European Integration
- The 2016 Referendum
- Campaign Times
- Part II. Time of Brexit. Control over Borders
- Control over Money
- Democratic Control
- Control over Laws
- Control over Trade
- Part III. Time for Brexit. Defining Brexit, Redefining Britain
- Future Trade : Deals and Defaults
- Differentiated Brexit
- Taming of Control : The Great Repeal Bill
- Part IV. Time to Brexit. Article 50 TEU : How to Withdraw from the EU
- Litigating Brexit
- Time to Organise
- The Parliamenterisation of Brexit
- Negotiation Time
- Time for the Future
"The result of the UK referendum in June 2016 on membership of the European Union had immediate repercussions across the UK, the EU and internationally. As the dust begins to settle, attention is now naturally drawn to understanding why this momentous decision came about and how and when the UK will leave the EU. What are the options for the new legal settlements between the UK and the EU? What will happen to our current political landscape within the UK in the time up to and including its exit from the EU? What about legal and political life after Brexit? Within a series of short essays, Brexit Time explores and contextualises each stage of Brexit in turn: pre-referendum; the result; the process of withdrawal; rethinking EU relations; and post-Brexit. During a time of intense speculation and commentary, this book offers an indispensable guide to the key issues surrounding a historic event and its uncertain aftermath."--Page 4 of cover.
- Subject headings
European Union--Great Britain.
Great Britain--Foreign relations--European Union countries.
European Union countries--Foreign relations--Great Britain.
Great Britain--Politics and government--1997-
9781108245807 (PDF ebook)
- Blmgtn - Herman B Wells Library
- Call Number
- HC240.25.G7 A76 2017
- Wells Library - Research Coll. - Stacks
- 7th Floor, East Tower