Beyond Brexit? : how to assess the UK's future
Morphet, Janice, author.
Beyond Brexit? : how to assess the UK's future / Janice Morphet.
Bristol, UK ; Chicago, IL, USA : Policy Press, 2017.
v, 179 pages : illustrations ; 20 cm.
- Uniform series
Policy Press shorts. Insights.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Brexit : how did we get here?
- What does the EU do for the UK and the UK for the EU?
- What are the options for future UK/EU institutional relationships?
- What immediate actions does the UK need to take?
- Beyond Brexit, what will stay the same?
- Beyond Brexit, what will be lost?
- Beyond Brexit, what will be foregone?
- How can we assess the future beyond Brexit?
As the UK negotiates Brexit, what are the effects, implications and challenges that lie ahead? Janice Morphet takes a long term view on the range of institutional and operational options that may be deployed by the UK, EU and other international institutions seeking to influence the negotiations and outcome. The book offers a context for the current debate and a new framework with which to assess and discuss the forthcoming negotiations taking into account the likely effects on the UK of forthcoming EU policies, and an analysis of the implications of policies foregone. The book includes discussion of what Brexit means for the devolved nations, and the island of Ireland, where the Good Friday agreement and border management are serious enough to give pause to the whole process.
- Subject headings
European Union--Great Britain.
Great Britain--Politics and government--2007-
Great Britain--Foreign relations--European Union countries.
European Union countries--Foreign relations--Great Britain.
Great Britain--Foreign relations--1997-
European Union countries--Foreign relations--21st century.
- Blmgtn - Herman B Wells Library
- Call Number
- HC241.25.G7 M67 2017
- Wells Library - Research Coll. - Stacks
- 7th Floor, East Tower