Europe reset : new directions for the EU
Youngs, Richard, 1968-
Europe reset : new directions for the EU/ Richard Youngs.
London : I.B. Tauris, 2018.
xii, 242 pages ; 20 cm
Includes bibliographical references (pages -233) and index (pages -242)
- Confusion's masterpiece: the European poly-crisis
- False solutions
- The democracy problem
- Europe as a citizens' project
- A compact of European citizens
- Divergent Europe: towards radical flexibility
- A secure Europe?
- The long road to solidarity
Since the economic recession of 2008, the EU has been hit by a series of crises, most recently the UK's decision to leave the union following the Brexit referendum. In this book, Richard Youngs proposes an alternate vision of European cooperation and shows how the EU must reinvent itself if it is to survive. - Back cover
- Subject headings