The child's world : the essential guide to assessing vulnerable children, young people and their families
The child's world : the essential guide to assessing vulnerable children, young people and their families / edited by Jan Horwath and Dendy Platt.
Philadelphia : Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2019.
695 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Other contributors
Basarab-Horwath, Janet Anne, 1952- editor.
Platt, Dendy, editor.
Revised edition of The child's world, 2010.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Undertaking assessments. The assessment task : who, what and why? / Jan Horwath
- The assessment process : making a referral, planning the assessment and gathering information / Jan Horwath
- The assessment process : making sense of the information / Dendy Platt and Danielle Turney
- Securing effective communication with children and young people / Audrey Tait and Helen Wosu
- Opening doors : best practice when a child or young person might be showing or telling that they are at risk of harm / Ruth Marchant
- Engaging and working with parents as part of the assessment process / Danielle Turney and Gillian Ruch
- Collaborative practice and participation : early help to child protection / Patrick Neil, Dawn Hodson and Julie Taylor
- Assessing parenting. Contemporary perspectives on parenting assessment / David Jones, Liz Hadcroft and Dendy Platt
- Dimensions of parenting / Stan Houston
- Assessing parental capacity to change / Dendy Platt and Katie Riches
- Working with adult-oriented issues : parental substance misuse, mental ill health and domestic abuse / Michael Murphy and Michaela Rogers
- Assessing parents with learning difficulties / Beth Tarleton and Nadine Tilbury
- Assessing the child's developmental needs. Assessing the developmental needs of children and young people / Aideen Naughton
- Assessing the health needs of children / Jane Appleton and Karen Whittaker
- Assessing the needs of children and young people in educational settings / Christine Gould and Barbara Lawrie
- Emotional and behavioural development : the importance of attachment / David Shemmings and Yvonne Shemmings
- Appendix 17.1 : assessment methods in attachment recommended in the 2015 NICE guidelines (arranged by age group)
- Assessing safety, care and support needs. Assessing the cumulative impact of neglect and emotional maltreatment / Jan Horwath
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children when physical abuse in the family is suspected : initial assessments / Arnon Bentovim and Stephen Pizzey
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children who have been sexually abused in the family context : assessing and intervening effectively / Arnon Bentovim, Jenny Gray and Stephen Pizzey
- Assessing children who experience, or are at risk of, child sexual exploitation / Emilie Smeaton
- Assessing the needs of asylum seeking, migrant and trafficked children / Emma Palmer
- Assessing the needs of children and young people who display harmful sexual behaviours / Simon Hackett
- Making assessment work for children with complex needs / Ruth Marchant
- Identifying young carers and assessing their needs / Katherine Bishop
- Assessments to support young people making the transition from care to adulthood / Emily R. Munro
- Risk assessment during the prenatal period / Jane Barlow, Harriet Ward and Gwynne Rayns
- Assessing the world of the child and family. Poverty and families : implications for assessment / Dave Backwith
- Assessing family and community support / Jan Horwath and Dendy Platt
- Working with cultural and religious diversity / Claudia Bernard.
Fully updated edition of THE bestselling book on assessing children in need and their families. Comprehensive and multidisciplinary, it covers all aspects of assessment from early help through to child protection. Explores implications of recent legislation and the very latest issues for practice.
- Subject headings
Children with social disabilities--Services for--Great Britain.
Abused children--Services for--Great Britain.
Needs assessment--Great Britain.
Family assessment--Great Britain.
Social work with children--Great Britain.
Family social work--Great Britain.
9781784503826 (PDF ebook)