Cybersecurity : current writings on threats and protection
Cybersecurity (McFarland & Company)
Cybersecurity : current writings on threats and protection / edited by Joaquin Jay Gonzalez III and Roger L. Kemp.
Jefferson, North Carolina : McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers, 
xiii, 274 pages ; 23 cm
- Other contributors
Gonzalez, Joaquin Jay, III, editor.
Kemp, Roger L., editor.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I. An Overview: Government Employees Unaware They Are Cyber Crime Victims / Chelsea Binns
- Cybersecurity and America's Governments / Roger L. Kemp
- NACo Members Zero In on Cybersecurity, Tech Safety / Ariel Cohen
- Growing Impact of Cybercrime in Local Government / Gerald Cliff
- Cybersecurity: What's Your Risk? / International City/County Management Association
- Performance and Data Analytics: The Cincinnati Story / Harry Black
- The Digital Solution / Shaun Mulholland
- Digital Wallpapers Open Doors / Caitlin Cowart
- Personal Privacy Is Eroding as Consent Policies of Google and Facebook Evoke "Fantasy World" / Fred H. Cate
- Part II. Threats and Risks: IoT Is Changing the Cybersecurity Industry / Larry Karisny
- Equifax Breach Is a Reminder of Society's Larger Cybersecurity Problems / Richard Forno
- Cybersecurity: Protecting Court Data / Brian McLaughlin
- Health-Care Industry Increasingly Faces Cybersecurity Breaches / Margaret Steen
- It's in the Mail: Aetna Agrees to $17M Payout in HIV Privacy Breach / Elana Gordon
- Explainer: What Is Hacking? / James H. Hamlyn-Harris
- How the Chinese Cyberthreat Has Evolved / Dorothy Denning
- Now That Russia Has Apparently Hacked America's Grid, Shoring Up Security Is More Important Than Ever / Theodore J. Kury
- Ransomware Victims Urged to Report Infections to Federal Law Enforcement / Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Ransomware Attacks Illustrate the Vulnerabilities That Local Government Entities Face / Mary Scott Nabers
- Ransomware Attacks on the Rise in 2017 / Mary Ann Barton
- The Two Faces of Social Media / Martha Perego
- "Zero-Day" Stockpiling Puts Us All at Risk / Benjamin Dean
- Part III. Prevention, Protection, Partnership: A. Practical Preventive Measures: A Plan for Cybersecurity / Cory Fleming
- How We Can Each Fight Cybercrime with Smarter Habits / Arun Vishwanath
- Simple Steps to Online Safety / Alan Shark
- Staying Safe on Social Networking Sites / U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team
- Seven Keys to Strengthen Your Cybersecurity Culture / Daniel J. Lohrmann
- Three Tips for Forming a Computer Emergency Response Team / Kelsey Brewer
- Cybersecurity Strategies Governments Need / Gus "Ira" Hunt and Lalit Ahluwalia
- Security Pros Need a Mentor: Here's Why and How / Daniel J. Lohrmann
- Mecklenburg County Refuses to Pay Ransom to Cyber Hackers / Mary Ann Barton
- Fighting Fake News / Marcus Banks
- How Airplane Crash Investigations Can Improve Cybersecurity / Scott Shackelford
- III. B. Technical Protections: National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework / U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Eliminating Network Blind Spots and Preventing Breaches / Reggie Best
- The Cloud and Enterprise Cybersecurity: Leveling the Playing Field / Microsoft
- Government Data in the Cloud: Provider and User Responsibilities / Subrata Chakrabarti
- Using Blockchain to Secure the "Internet of Things" / Nir Kshetri
- How to Protect Patrons' Digital Privacy / Anne Ford
- Monitoring Employees' Use of Company Computers and the Internet / Texas Workforce Commission
- Disaster Recovery for Technology: Best Practice / Government Finance Officers Association
- III. C. Using Partnerships and Networks: Cybersecurity Partnerships: Strength in Numbers / Susan Miller
- Intersector Briefing: Cross Sector Collaboration in Cybersecurity / Intersector Project
- Obama's Cybersecurity Initiative / Frank J. Cilluffo and Sharon L. Cardash
- New Trump Executive Order on Cybersecurity / Daniel J. Lohrmann
- Sharing of Cyber Threat Indicators and Defensive Measures by the Federal Government / Office of the Director of National Intelligence and Other Agencies
- Law Enforcement Partnerships Enhance Cybersecurity Investigations / Chelsea Binns
- States Rush to Cash in on Cybersecurity Boom / Elaine S. Povich
- How the National Guard Is Protecting
- Cybersecurity / Colin Wood
- Cybersecurity and Local Governments in the United States / William Hatcher
- Part IV. Future: The Top 18 Security Predictions for 2018 / Daniel J. Lohrmann
- Artificial Intelligence Cyber Attacks Are Coming - But What Does That Mean? / Jeremy Straub
- FCC Group on 5G Deployment Short on Local Input / Mary Ann Barton
- Thinking Strategically in the Cyber Domain / John O'Brien
- Internet, E-mail and Computer Use Policy / Texas Workforce Commission
- Consumers Who Froze Their Credit Reports / Julie Appleby.
- Contents note
- Appendices: Appendix A: Glossary of Cybersecurity Terms / Joaquin Jay Gonzalez III
- Appendix B: Presidential Executive Order on Strengthening the Cybersecurity of Federal Networks and Critical Infrastructure
- Appendix C: City and County of San Francisco Cybersecurity Policy
- Appendix D: LaPorte County, Indiana, IT Computer Security Policy.
Billions of people are connected through billions of devices across the globe. In the age of this massive internet, professional and personal information is being transmitted and received constantly, and while this access is convenient, it comes at a risk. This handbook of cybersecurity best practices is for public officials and citizens, employers and employees, corporations and consumers. Essays also address the development of state-of-the-art software systems and hardware for public and private organizations. -- Provided by publisher.
"This handbook of cybersecurity best practices is for public officials and citizens, employers and employees, corporations and consumers. Essays also address the development of state-of-the-art software systems and hardware for public and private organizations, the use of which holds down the cost of providing services, saving money for taxpayers and consumers"-- Provided by publisher.
- Subject headings
Computer networks--Security measures.
Computer crimes--Economic aspects.
9781476674407 paperback alkaline paper
147667440X paperback alkaline paper