The handbook for poor students, rich teaching
Jensen, Eric, 1950- author.
The handbook for poor students, rich teaching / Eric Jensen.
Bloomington, IN : Solution Tree Press ; [Alexandria, VA] : ASCD, 
ix, 263 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
Includes bibliographical references (pages 225-253) and index.
- Part one : Implementing the relational mindset? Personalize the learning
- Connect everyone for success
- Show empathy
- Part two : Implementing the achievement mindset? Set gutsy goals
- Give fabulous feedback
- Persist with grit
- Part three : Implementing the positivity mindset? Boost optimism and hope
- Build positive attitudes
- Change the emotional set point
- Part four : Implementing the rich classroom climate mindset? Engage voice and vision
- Set safe classroom norms
- Foster academic optimism
- Part five : Implementing the enrichment mindset? Manage the cognitive load
- Strengthen thinking skills
- Enhance study skills and vocabulary
- Part six : Implementing the engagement mindset? Engage for maintenance and stress
- Engage students for a deeper buy-in
- Engage to build community
- Part seven : Implementing the graduation mindset? Support alternative solutions
- Prepare for college and careers.
"The Handbook for Poor Students, Rich Teaching provides K-12 educators with notable reference content from Eric Jensen's previous book, Poor Students, Rich Teaching (Combined edition), including rubrics and figures designed to assist teachers dealing with students living in poverty. In this book, Jensen has drawn from his own experience with adversity and knowledge on the importance of rich teaching to create and provide these frameworks and techniques. Readers will be able to utilize these resources to create a positive learning environment by accessing, downloading and using them in their own practice"-- Provided by publisher.
- Subject headings
Children with social disabilities--Education--United States--Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Poor children--Education--United States--Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Educational equalization--United States--Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Genre heading
Handbooks and manuals.
9781947604650 (perfect bound)