Our bodies, ourselves
Our bodies, ourselves / the Boston Women's Health Book Collective.
40th anniversary ed.
New York : Touchstone, 2011.
xiii, 928 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Other contributors
Boston Women's Health Book Collective.
"Completely revised and updated"--Cover.
- Our female bodies : sexual anatomy, reproduction, and the menstrual cycle
- Intro to sexual health
- Body image
- Gender identity and sexual orientation
- Social influences on sexuality
- Sexual pleasure and enthusiastic consent
- Sexual challenges
- Birth control
- Safer sex
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Unexpected pregnancy
- Considering parenting
- Pregnancy and preparing for birth
- Labor and birth
- Early months of parenting
- Miscarriage, stillbirth, and other losses
- Infertility and assisted reproductive techonologies
- Perimenopause and menopause
- Our later years
- Selected medical problems
- Navigating the health care system
- Violence against women
- Environment and occupational health
- Politics of women's health
- Activism in the twenty-first century.
"The gold standard for women's health books, in time for the fortieth anniversary of the book's first publication, featuring new material and a completely updated approach to critical women's health issues. The name "Our Bodies, Ourselves" has become synonymous with women's health and protecting it. This updated edition contains vital new information on such issues as the HPV vaccine, changes in the healthcare system, cosmetic surgery, violence against women, healthcare activism in the twenty-first century, and much more. Since its original publication forty years ago, Our Bodies, Ourselves has sold more than 4 million copies worldwide, and resources based on the book are available in twenty five languages, in print, digital, and social interactive formats, and Braille. Called "America's bestselling book on all aspects of women's health" and "a feminist classic" by The New York Times, 300,000 copies of Our Bodies, Ourselves have been donated to women's groups around the world, creating an estimated readership of more than 20 million worldwide. This new edition will tie in closely to the group's website, one of the leading online women's health resources and a recipient of citations for its excellent quality from International Planned Parenthood Federation and Scientific American"-- Provided by publisher.
"The 40th Anniversary edition of America's bestselling women's health book!"-- Provided by publisher.
- Kinsey subjects
Obstetrics and gynecology.
Status of women.
Women--United States--21st century.
1439190666 (trade paperback)