The caveman mystique : pop-Darwinism and the debates over sex, violence, and science
McCaughey, Martha, 1966-
The caveman mystique : pop-Darwinism and the debates over sex, violence, and science / Martha McCaughey.
New York : Routledge, c2008.
viii, 167 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 141-157) and index.
- "Welcome back to the caveman times": an introduction
- Sperm wars, sex wars, and science wars
- Downsized cavemen going apeshit
- Moral disdain for men
- Sperm wars
- Sex wars
- Science wars
- Homo resurrectus: the theory of evolution as a moral answer for men
- Darwin's theory and the crisis in morals
- Darwinism as the second coming
- Darwin's soldiers: a salvation army
- The scientific truth that will set us free
- Moral answers for the moral animal
- Science and certainty
- The caveman as resurrection
- Homo habitus: evolution, popular culture, and the embodied ethos of male sexuality
- The caveman in popular culture
- Caveman therapy
- Caveman desires
- Caveman edutainment
- Moral lessons for cavemen
- The caveman as embodied ethos
- Homo sexual : perverting evolutionary stories of male sexuality
- How to pervert evolutionary theory
- Evolution and evolutionary theory are already perverted
- Heterosexual masculinity as the origin of the origins of heterosexual masculinity
- Homosexuality as heterosexuality ... as homosexuality
- Setting the evolutionary record queer
- Do gay brains make better politics?
- Learning to live with perversion
- Homo textual: a missing link between science and culture
- Popularity and reality
- Evolutionary theory and scientific certainty
- Evolutionary insights for a change
- Beyond the grand narrative of science
- Beyond the science wars
- A great leap forward.
- Kinsey subjects
Gender role identification--Male.