Untitled (American Wright)
- Koehler, Rita
- Untitled (American Wright)
- 1 photograph: color print; 21 x 14 in., framed with a white mat and black metal molding (28 x 22 in.).
- The photograph is from the documentary series "The Rite of Ordinary". Exhibited in The Kinsey Institute Juried Art Show, 2012.
- Portrait of two seated men, posing in front of a window in their home with their two white terriers. Artist's statement: "The Rite of Ordinary" calls into question who lays claim to the home sphere, family, love and relationships. The images are not simply about faces and expressions; they are also about bodies, clothing, furniture, wall decorations and all the details and appurtenances of one's identity. The "Rite of Ordinary" attempts to admit the face and experience of the Other where it has been previously delimited or obliterated for a particular and necessary conversation that asks us who we are and who we are in relationship to the Other.
- Kinsey subjects
- Photography. Men in art. Family.