LGBT transnational identity and the media
LGBT transnational identity and the media / edited by Christopher Pullen.
Basingstoke, Hampshire, [U.K.] : Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
xviii, 313 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
https://www.dawsonera.com/guard/protected/dawson.jsp?name=https://passport01.leeds.ac.uk/idp/shibboleth&dest=http://www.dawsonera.com/depp/reader/protected/external/AbstractView/S9780230373310 - (View this book online, via DawsonERA, both on- and off-campus)
- Other contributors
Pullen, Christopher, 1959-
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- LGBT transnational documentary "Becoming" / Christopher Pullen
- Trauma and triumph: documenting Middle Eastern gender and sexual minorities in film and television / Rebecca Beirne, Samar Habib
- Transsexual in Iran: a fatwa for freedom? / Sahar Bluck
- Sub-Saharan African sexualities, transnational HIV/AIDS educational film and the question of queerness / David Oscar Harvey
- The floating/fleeting spectacle of transformation: queer carnival, gay pride and the renegotiation of postapartheid identities / Ernst van der Wal
- The Argentinean movement for same-sex marriage / Margaret Cooper
- The politics of reclaiming identity: representing the Mak Nyahs in Bukak Api / Andrew Hock Soon Ng
- Queer (im)possibilities: Alaa Al-Aswany's and Wahid Hamed's The Yacoubian building / Stephanie Selvick
- Andrew Salkey, James Baldwin and the case of the "leading aberrant": early gay narratives in the British media / Kate Houlden
- The exotic erotic: queer representations in the context of post-colonial ethnicity on British TV / Peri Bradley
- Documenting the queer Indian: the question of queer identification in Khush and Happy hookers / Bryce J. Renninger
- Screening queer India in Pratibha Parmar's Khush / Daniel Farr, Jennifer Gauthier
- Gay pornography as Latin American queer historiography / Gustavo Subero
- Quo vadis, queer vato? Queer and loathing in Latino cinema / Richard Reitsma
- Queer art of parallaxed document: visual discourse of docudrag in Kutluǧ Ataman's Never my soul! (2001) / Çüneyt Cakirlar
- The drag queers the s/he binary: subversion of heteronormativity in Turkish context / Serkan Ertin
- If art imitated reality: George Takei, coming out, and the insufferably straight Star Trek universe / Bruce E. Drushel
- A Chinese queer discourse: camp and alternative desires in the films of Yon Fan and Lou Ye / Jason Ho Ka-Hang.
- Kinsey subjects
Homosexuality in mass media.
Gender role identification.