Promoting abstinence, being faithful, and condom use with young Africans : qualitative findings from an intervention trail in rural Tanzania
Plummer, Mary Louisa.
Promoting abstinence, being faithful, and condom use with young Africans : qualitative findings from an intervention trail in rural Tanzania / Mary Louisa Plummer.
Lanham : Lexington Books, 2012.
xvii, 481 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 423-474) and index.
- Part one: background
- Research methods
- Typical young people's lives and sexual relationships
- Part two: Intervention evaluation
- Mema kwa Vijana intervention overview and community mobilization
- The Mema kwa Vijana school program
- Mema kwa Vijana health services and condom distribution
- Impact of the Mema kwa Vijana intervention
- Part three: young people who practiced low risk sexual behaviors
- Case study series 1: "so it is like this! not for me": young people who abstained
- Case study series 2: "this one is enough": young people who limited their partner number and/or were monogamous
- "Being faithful": limiting partner number and/or practicing fidelity
- Case study series 3: "the first time he didn't have one, so i refused": young people who used condoms
- Condom use
- Intervention recommendations.
- Kinsey subjects
Sex education research--Tanzania.
9780739168448 (cloth : alk. paper)
0739168444 (cloth : alk. paper)