The masculine woman in Weimar Germany
The masculine woman in Weimar Germany / Katie Sutton.
New York : Berghahn Books, 2011.
vii, 204 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Uniform series
Monographs in German history ; v. 32.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: "The masculinization of woman"
- "Which one is the man?": the masculinization of women's fashions
- "In the beginning there was sport": the masculinized female athlete
- "My Emil is different": queer female masculinities in the Weimar media
- The trouser role: female masculinity as performance
- Beyond Berlin: female masculinities in Weimar fiction.
- Kinsey subjects
Gender role identification--Female--Germany--20th century.
- Subject headings
9780857451200 (hardback : alk. paper)
0857451200 (hardback : alk. paper)