Performance and cultural politics
Performance and cultural politics / edited by Elin Diamond.
London ; New York : Routledge, 1996.
x, 294 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Other contributors
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Acting out orientalism : Sapphic theatricality in turn-of-the-century Paris / Emily Apter
- Posing the question : Wilde, wit, and the ways of man / Ed Cohen
- Doing it anyway : lesbian sado-masochism and performance / Lynda Hart
- Playing dead in stone, or, when is a rose not a rose? / Peggy Phelan
- Spectacles of suffering : performing presence, absence, and historical memory at U.S. Holocaust museums / Vivian M. Patraka
- Festivities and jubilations on the graves of the dead : sanctifying sullied space / Glenda Dicker/sun
- Pygmalion's no-body and the body of dance / Susan Leigh Foster
- After us the savage goddess : feminist performance art of the explicit body staged, uneasily, across modernist dreamscapes / Rebecca Schneider
- Flat-out vision / Herbert Blau
- Liveness : performance and the anxiety of simulation / Philip Auslander
- Kinship, intelligence, and memory as improvisation : culture and performance in New Orleans / Joseph Roach
- Forms of appearance of value : Homer Plessy and the politics of privacy / Amy Robinson
- Thoughts on my career, The other weapon, and other projects / Robbie McCauley.
- Kinsey subjects
- Other subjects
Society Role of Arts
- Genre heading