[Wilhelm von Gloeden Collection].
- [Wilhelm von Gloeden Collection].
- Mixed Materials
- Approximately 290 photographs: various mediums; various dimensions.
- Other contributors
- von Gloeden, Wilhelm. von Gloeden, Baron; 1856-1931. Plüschow, Guglielmo; 1852-1930. Galdi, Vincenzo; 1871-1961.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- The Wilhelm von Gloeden Collection contains male and female nudes and portraits, made from the 1980s through 1910s. Baron von Gloeden (Germany, 1856-1931) moved from Prussia to Taormina, Sicily where he photographed the youths of the island in classical poses and settings. Von Gloeden is important to the history of photography as an innovator of the male nude image. Some of the photographs have been identified as the work of Guglielmo Plüschow (1852-1930) and Vincenzo Galdi (1871-1961). No sexual activity is shown in these photographs.
- Kinsey subjects
- Photography. Nudes in art. Men in art. Women in art.