Postcard and Stereocard Collection
- [Postcard and Stereocard Collection]
- Mixed Materials
- 19th-20th c.
- Approximately 1,600 postcards and stereocards: various mediums; various dimensions.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- The Postcard and Stereocard Collection contins more than 1,600 French postcards (1900-1920s), which features photographs of nude, partially clothed, or clothed female models. Cards are gelatin silver prints, and some are hand-colored. Collection also includes British and French actress cartes de viste photographs from the 1870s, and cabinet card photographs of female models, as well as 19th and early 20th century stereocards. No sexual activity is shown in postcards. Stereocards depict sexual activity.
- Kinsey subjects
- Graphic arts. Post cards. Stereopticon cards. Photography. Women in art. Nudes in art.