The moral panics of sexuality
The moral panics of sexuality / edited by Breanne Fahs, Mary L. Dudy and Sarah Stage, Arizona State University, USA.
Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York, NY : Palgrave Macmillan, 2013.
xvi, 259 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Other contributors
Fahs, Breanne, editor of compilation.
Dudy, Mary, editor of compilation.
Stage, Sarah editor of compilation.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I Female Desire
- 1.Do I Have Something in My Teeth? Vagina Dentata and its Manifestations within Popular Culture / Michelle Ashley Gohr
- 2.Vampires, Border Crossing, and Panic in Sheridan Le Fanu's "Carmilla" / Ellen J. Stockstill
- pt. II Creating Norms
- 3.Bodies That Are Always Out of Line: A Closer Look at "Age Appropriate Sexuality" / L.E. Hunter
- 4.Raising Bloody Hell: Inciting Menstrual Panics through Campus and Community Activism / Breanne Fahs
- 5.Scary Sex: The Moral Discourse of Glee / Sarah Prior
- pt. III Colonial Erotics
- 6.Eating It Out: Cannibalism and Sexual Deviance in Nineteenth Century Travel Writing / Ayaan Agane
- 7.Cyber Pinkwashing: Gay Rights under Occupation / Rachael Byrne
- pt. IV Tactical Panics
- 8.What "Good Girls" Do: Katharine Bement Davis and the Moral Panic of the First U.S. Sexual Survey / Sarah Stage
- 9.Gay Republican in the American Culture War: Wisconsin Congressman Steve Gunderson, 1989
- 1996 / Jordan O'Connell
- pt. V Critical Panics
- 10.Time to Panic! Disability Justice, Sex Surrogacy, and Sexual Freedom / Brooke Willock
- 11.No to the Flow: Rejecting Feminine Norms and the Reproductive Imperative through Hormonal Menstrual Suppression / Bianca Jarvis
- 12.Cumming to Terms: Bareback Pornography, Homonormativity, and Queer Survival in the Time of HIV/AIDS / Michael McNamara.
- Kinsey subjects